- Position the most important information near the top.
- Use bullet points where possible.
- Always keep your website visitor in mind when writing copy.
- Maintain short paragraphs – four sentences maximum
- Keep your sentences short – 12 to 13 words maximum
- Skip unnecessary words and reduce fancy’ words where simple words suffice.
- Avoid jargon and colloquialisms
- Address your web visitors directly using the word you’
- Shorten your text
Top 2 SEO Rules
Use your main search term in as many headings as possible: The heading at the top of the page as well as subsequent headings below, as you progress through the page.
Use the complete search phrase where possible in the first 2-3 sentences of each page.
On top of this, use variations of the search phrase 7-8 times throughout your 300 word page.
Search Phrase example: “IT Support Sunshine Coast”
Opening text might be…”IT Support Sunshine Coast? CRT Network Solutions has been providing IT Support on the Sunshine Coast for over 10 years.”
If you can try use the search phrase intact as much as possible, you will earn extra credit with Google.